If you’re obsessed with salads, you have to try this quick & easy Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe. It is the best salad dressing you’ll ever taste!
- 1 This Easy Homemade Ranch Dressing Is Perfect On EVERYTHING!
- 2 Why Make Ranch Dressing From Scratch?
- 3 Dressing Ingredients
- 4 How to Make Ranch Dressing
- 5 Tips for the Best Ranch Dressing
- 6 How to Use this Dressing
- 7 How to Store Homemade Salad Dressing
This Easy Homemade Ranch Dressing Is Perfect On EVERYTHING!
Whether it’s an appetizer dip or a salad topping, a good ranch dressing can really change the game. This super simple ranch recipe is so delicious.
It only takes 5 minutes to make and the flavor is totally worth the effort. You’ll never have to buy a bottle of ranch again!
Why Make Ranch Dressing From Scratch?
If you’re one of those people who puts ranch on everything (ahem, like me), going the homemade route makes it near impossible run out of your favorite dressing. You can also adjust the recipe to suit your personal preference. It couldn’t be easier to prepare and you’d be surprised by how much more flavorful homemade ranch dressing can be!
This creamy ranch dressing is made with simple, flavorful ingredients. Here’s what goes into it:
- Chives: For the dill & chives, you’ll need both fresh and dried herbs.
- Fresh Parsley
- Sour Cream
- Buttermilk: Substitute 1/4 cup mayonnaise if you want a thicker dressing.
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Cayenne (Optional)
How to Make Ranch Dressing
- Blend Ingredients: Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend together until smooth.
- Adjust to Taste: Adjust seasonings as desired and pulse.
- Chill: Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Tips for the Best Ranch Dressing
- Use Mayonnaise for Added Thickness: This recipe is ideal for salads because it’s nice and thin. If you want your dressing to have a thicker consistency, just use 1/4 cup of mayonnaise in place of buttermilk!
- Turn Up the Heat with Cayenne: If you like a spicier ranch dressing, be sure to add a pinch of cayenne.
- Make Homemade Buttermilk: If you don’t keep a stash of buttermilk in the fridge, use my easy substitute! There’s a vegan version included.
- Dressing Thickens with Time: Your dressing will thicken up a bit as it sits in the fridge. If you want to thin it out at any time, add a splash of buttermilk until it reaches your desired consistency.
How to Use this Dressing
- On Salad: Pretty much any salad tastes good with ranch, but I especially love making my Southwestern Quinoa Salad with this homemade dressing.
- On Pizza: Drizzle your ranch over this Buffalo Chicken Pizza or dip your slice right into it! So yummy.
- With Wings: Wings and ranch come hand-in-hand. Make your favorite chicken wings taste even better with this homemade ranch.
- With Vegetables: I love snacking on raw veggies dipped in ranch.
How to Store Homemade Salad Dressing
You can store your dressing in a lidded jar or an airtight container. Keep it in the fridge and enjoy it within 5 days for best freshness.
If you’re obsessed with ranch dressing, you have to try this quick & easy Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe. It is the best ranch you’ll ever taste!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped (1 tablespoon dried)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Optional – pinch of cayenne
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend together until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings as desired and pulse.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
For a thicker dressing, omit the buttermilk and add ¼ cup mayonnaise instead.
This recipe yields 1 1/2 cups ranch dressing.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Keywords:: homemade ranch dressing, homemade ranch, homemade ranch seasoning, homemade ranch dip, homemade ranch dressing recipe, how to make ranch dressing, how to make ranch
Want To Save This Recipe?